Thursday, November 25, 2010

Loot: Cupro Trousers, from Three Angles

Last week, I ordered the Sevilla Heels and Crisply Pleated Trousers from Anthropologie. The trousers in particular made me open the box with semi-held breath, as some of the online reviews had said it ran large and wrinkled easily.

Reviews can be such fickle things sometimes. My trousers are perfect.

Perfect trousers.
Imperfect webcam image quality.
 They have an easy yet refined fit. They arrived with the ankles cuffed once, and I can wear them unrolled for a slouchier look. The material is a soft, almost nubby cupro that can be worn from spring through autumn. I don't feel that they run one size large at all, as again the fit is meant to be easy. However, the waistband does gap a bit in the back: that may be where the sizing complaints come from. Because of this, I wish the trousers came with discreet belt loops, though the waistband stays where it is as long as I tuck my shirt in. Untucking my shirt results in a more slouchy, but not unflattering, look. I also love the prominent pleats in front (most easily seen in the side shot).

To keep them unwrinkled, I simply fold along the crease.






 

So that's a home run. As for the Sevilla Heels, I'm ambivalent. After the initial rush of "OMG PURPLE RUFFLED PUMPS," I'm now stuck with, "omg purple ruffled pumps?" I'm going to hold them while I think of specific outfits to wear them with. If I can't come up with more than six, I'll return them.

I had better luck with my order from Sundance. I got two pieces of jewelry in my favorite styles: bold and chunky, and leather with metal (a sweet wobbly arc of gold in this case).

 

The solid sterling silver link bracelet is so luxe. I can see myself wearing it all the time.




















Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

fin

2 comments:

  1. wow, those trousers DO look perfect on you! I`m going to be holding my breath when I open my box too. And I do wish it came with some belted loops...
    You look fantastic! I was going to wear mine with a simple white shirt as well :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be of help, Ivy. Do let me know how your own trousers turn out!

    ReplyDelete