Sunday, November 7, 2010

Outfit: Citrine, Cinched, Corduroy

Meet one of my outfits, why don't you? I wore this number to work last Tuesday.

Dress, shoes, belt: Anthropologie. Turtleneck, tights: J. Crew.



















Alternative views:




















Closer up:




































This is a lovely thing to wear on a chilly November day. The navy corduroy dress and gray rib-wool tights form the right textural backdrop for the taupe leather heels and the apricot-colored cotton turtleneck. The brown leather belt (by Linea Pelle, one of my very first purchases from Anthro) cinches the whole look together. Then there's the pop of color:



















Getting dressed that morning, actually, I looked at my jewelry collection and concluded mournfully that I had no necklace to wear with this dress. Walking home that afternoon, I passed by Yaneth Reyes' jewelry shop on Market St. and remembered the dramatic citrine necklace I'd seen last weekend. I promptly stepped through the door and bought it.

Focus on:

The silver-studded hardwood ring is from Sundance, and it's fast becoming my favorite go-to item. Large chunky rings are my weakness, but some of them can be too obnoxious for everyday wear. This ring with its organic feel sidesteps that problem; I like to pair it with oversized knit sweaters.








Back to the dress: it's the popular Refined Cord Shirtdress from Anthro. It's tailored well, though I wish the hem were a bit longer.









 The shoes are Anticipation Heels by Miss Albright. The color is a grayish taupe, and the construction sturdy. Their unusual, eye-catching style garnered several compliments immediately.
 

All in all, a charming outfit with precise little touches.

fin

No comments:

Post a Comment